I LOVE Target! It’s one of my favorite places to shop and of course they are known for having the best deals on clearance. Here are a few terms you need to become familiar with when you shop at Target:
- Target Coupon: This is a store coupon that can be stacked with manufacturer coupons for added savings. Target printable coupons are usually available on the Target website and they are also often included in the Sunday Newspaper inserts.
- Target Mobile Coupon: You can now register your cell phone to receive weekly text messages that contain special offers.
- Temporary Price Cut: It’s a temporary sale price offered on a particular item.
- Target Gift Card Promotion: Target often runs gift card promotions. These promotions usually require that you buy a particular item (or number of items) and when you do so, you will receive a Target gift card at the end of your checkout.
- Use your Target Debt card™, Target Credit Card® or Target® Visa® Credit Card to get every day savings, support your favorite K-12 school, make
prescriptions rewarding and more. Click on picture below to learn more!
Here are a few tips on how to get free stuff at Target?
1) The first way to get free stuff at Target is by combining Target Gift Card promotions with manufacturer and Target store coupons. For example: Target is offering a $5 gift card when you buy one Scrubbing Bubbles Shower Cleaning Kit on sale for $15. There is also a manufacturer coupon available for $7 off one Scrubbing Bubbles kit. After you deduct the coupon and the value of the Target gift card you end of getting the Scrubbing Bubbles kit.
2) The second way to get free stuff at Target is by stacking a Target store coupon and manufacturer coupon on the same item.
3) The last way to get free stuff at Target is by combining a temporary price cut or an every day price at Target with a manufacturer coupon.
Here are a few things to remember when shopping at Target
1) The secret to minimizing your out of pocket expense is by breaking off your transactions and using Target Gift cards you may have received previously on a transaction the second transaction and so on.
3) There is a proper way to hand your coupons when shopping at Target: Always hand your manufacturer coupons first and then your Target coupons.
4) Before you leave the store make sure to check your receipt to verify that coupon discounts you expected were applied. Also make sure to verify that all of the Target Gift cards you expected were awarded. It is easier to correct situations right after you complete the transaction than later.
Target has an official Coupon Policy that clearly states that you can combine one Target coupon and one manufacturer coupon on the same item. Make sure to print this Target Coupon Policy and bring with you to the store next time.
Here is the unofficial markdown schedule:
Monday – Electronics, Kids Clothing and Stationary (Cards, GiftWrap, etc.)
Tuesday – Domestics, Women’s Clothing, Pets and Market (food items)
Wednesday – Men’s Clothing, Toys, Health and Beauty, Lawn & Garden items
Thursday – House Wares, Lingerie, Shoes, Sporting Goods, Movies, Music, Books, Decor and Luggage
Friday – Auto, Cosmetics, Hardware, & Jewelry.
Holiday Clearance Schedule
50% off day after holiday for three days
75% off fourth day after holiday for three days
90% off seventh day after holiday for 1-2 days.
Do you have any tips you would like to add? Please share!