Copycat Cafe Max Chicken Salad

I was introduced to Cafe Max when we first moved to Dallas by my best friend Tina.  And since our move five years ago, I can honesly say without a doubt, this is my favorite place to eat salad. I always get the salad trio.  The chicken salad is DELICIOUS!  Flavorful, sweet (but not too overpowering). I also get the Ceasar salad (the dressing is really good), then I get the pasta salad which is so rich and tasty.   If you live in the Dallas area I stongly recommnend stopping by Cafe Max, they are moderately priced at about $10 dollars but they give you SO MUCH FOOD!  However, if your looking for the recipe on their chicken salad I FINALLY found it!!  It’s a faboulous salad that is super simple, elegant and flavorful.  Trust me it’s so good and perfect for any special brunch occasion.

Cafe Max 2

Ingredients:

3-4 Chicken Breast

1/4 cup Soy Sauce

1/4 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup pineapple juice

red/yellow/green pepper

Toasted Pecans (optional)

Red Pear

Italian Salad Dressing

Cafe Max 4

Mix soy sauce, brown sugar, and pineapple juice.  Marinate chicken in mix in a plastic bag or dish for atleast an hour chilled.  Once chilled bake chicken and mixture in a baking pan at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  (Make sure chicken cooks all the way through).

Cafe Max

While baking, julienne slice pepper and pear.

Cafe Max 3

Once chicken is cooked thoroughly, slice chicken into strips and add pear and pepper slices.

Pour Italian dressing over mix (as much as you desire).

Advertisements

16 Comments (+add yours?)

1. Diane
    Sep 04, 2013 @ 18:30:26

Would love to see the pasta salad recipe as well!

2. Mdlc
    Oct 16, 2013 @ 01:26:13

Wow I’m so glad u gals have the receipe. I love cafe max

3. Nikki
    Oct 24, 2013 @ 14:02:00

The pasta salad is hands down my fav! Do you know the recipe for it?

• dianekm1
      Nov 03, 2013 @ 13:33:27

That’s also a favorite!! Unfortunately I don’t, but please share if you were come across the recipe!!! Thanks!!

4. Catherine O'Neill
    Nov 06, 2013 @ 17:45:11

Can I say I love you for this?! I moved away from Plano a couple of years ago and have been looking for this for a while. I just came across this today and couldn’t be more excited! I love Café Max! BTW, if you come across their ceasar salad dressing, could you let me know! It’s the best I’ve ever had! Thank you thank you thank you!

• dianekm1
      Nov 07, 2013 @ 00:55:08

Lol!!! I LOL it’s a great recipe and one of my all time favorites!!! I definitely will post the recipe if I come across it. Let me know how this recipe works out for you!!!

5. Janet
    Nov 13, 2013 @ 19:02:06

what kind of Italian dressing do you use? Good Seasons? Wish Bone?

6. Marla
    Jan 16, 2014 @ 19:26:43

I can always taste sesame oil in it and there is also a small amount of cilantro….I eat at Cafe Max all the time.

7. Sharonne
    Aug 27, 2014 @ 17:59:23

I was introduced to Cafe Max 3 weeks ago. It is absolutely wonderful. I went again yesterday for chicken salad and cucumber salads. I would love to see the cucumber salad recipe. I know there is cilantro in it and I assume Italian dressing. What am I missing?

8. Amy
    Oct 15, 2014 @ 16:18:18

Yes, there is definitely cilantro in it! (Eating some now…)

9. mickmelissa83@gmail.com
    Dec 30, 2014 @ 20:54:35

do you cook the peppers and pear with the chicken?

10. Mandi
    Feb 27, 2015 @ 15:36:42

Thank you! Thank you! I will be making this Sunday for a baby shower in Florida. I grew up in Dallas and Cafe Max has always been my fave!! I yearn for the trio: Pasta, chicken and Caesar salad with a carrot muffin and the To.Die.For Spiced Iced Tea!! My heart thanks you for sharing and please post if you find recipes, Cafe Max needs to expand out here!

11. Laura
    Jun 04, 2016 @ 19:02:04

Do you cook the peppers

12. Laura
    Jun 04, 2016 @ 19:10:23

Thanks. What type or brand of caesar lettuce? Also, do you have a receipt for the great tasting caesar dressing?